Friday, April 29, 2011

Kayaking

I was able to spend most of one day kayaking north of Edinburgh.  We headed north up the coast to Inchcolm Island where we had lunch then slowly made our way back.  It was a really fun trip that was challenging at times as I paddled as fast as I could for a bit then relaxing as I floated peacefully.










 We left our kayaks on the beach as we ate lunch and wondered around the island a little bit.



 Grassy knoll where we enjoyed lunch.


The story goes that around the 12th century a king was traveling south down the coast.  A large storm showed  up and drove him to the island for shelter where a hermit monk was living.  The monk provided the king with food and shelter and took care of him during the storm and after the king left, he decided to thank the monk by building a monastery for him. 


If you are ever in Edinburgh, I highly recommend http://www.duneideannseakayaking.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment